Building Cross Cultural Capabilities for Universal Access to Information and Knowledge in Africa
When: 11-12 August 2016
Africa Section invites participation to its Satellite Meeting hosted by the Ohio University, Athens, OHIO.
The papers at the meeting will address one or more of the Sub-themes in English or French:
- Role of libraries in empowering communities in Africa
- Libraries and Cultural Development
- Social media and community library out reach
- Intellectual Property
- Partnerships and collaboration: inspiring and exciting opportunities for libraries
- Creating synergies for research for Library professionals in Africa
- Building cross- cultural capabilities to build strong libraries for strong societies.
Registration is free but all interested participants must register in advance. Registration Form
* Satellite Hotels: Ohio University Inn
(to hold ten rooms only) at a rate of $99.50 a night from August 9-12, 2016.
Deadline for Bookings –June 30, 2016
There are hotels IFLA has identified and listed for prospective conference members to use. Please check on the Congress 2016 Website. It is possible to commute from Columbus to Athens for the Satellite Meeting.
Click here for information about transportation to Athens.